I don’t know if you do, but I get all excited about Christmas very early ! It’s my favourite holiday and I love its spirit!
So as I’m getting my Christmas tree ornaments ready, I thought about some yummy delight that I’ll serve after Christmas dinner.
I’ve looked everywhere on the internet and I finally found my happiness!
Today I came up with a cute and yummy cupcake for Christmas! And it’s not a simple cupcake. The topping is made of peppermint cream cheese and white chocolate snowflakes, yumyum, very Christmassy actually!
Here is the whole recipe :)
For the white cake :
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose soft-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
For the Peppermint Cheese Cream :
- 1 ounce (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 (16 oz.) packages powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Edible glitter
- White Chocolate snowflakes
The white cake :
- To make your white cake, preheat the oven to 350 degres. Beat butter while shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until you obtain a creamy mixture. Then add sugar, and keep beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, keep beating until you obtain a blended mixture.
- Now combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add it to the previous mixture. Beat now at a very slow speed until you obtain another blended mixture.
- Poor your mixture into cupcake paper cups. Fill two-thirds full.
- Bake it now for 12 to 15 minutes. To make sure your cake is not raw, insert a wooden pick in the center of cupcake. If it comes out clean, that means that your cupcake is fully baked!
The frosting :
- Beat cream cheese + butter + peppermint extract at a medium speed using the electric mixer until you obtain a creamy mixture.
- Then add powdered sugar + salt. Keep beating at a low speed until you get a blended mixture. To finish, beat at a high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add it to the top of your cupcake as soon as they are ready.
The snowflakes :
- – 1/3 cup pure white melting wafers, I suppose you can use any white chocolate chips as well.
- – Small sandwich bag or a piping bag
- – Snowflake template
- – Small wax paper squares
- On a piece of a paper draw a snowflake template (you can do this by hand or use a ruler if you prefer)
- Cut up wax paper into small squares.
- Over the simmering water in a small heat proof bowl melt the chocolate wafer until smooth.Let cool slightly.
- Fill the sandwich bag with the chocolate, don’t close the bag yet. Let it cool to slightly warm/lukewarm(test with finger or simple touch the outside of the piping bag).
- Once ready, make a small opening in the corner of the sandwich bag and start piping away.
- Use fresh wax paper square for each snowflake, once piped lie them on a flat surface.
- Lastly using tweezers add a little pearl in the center.
- Let cool snowflakes without touching until firm, I usually put them into the fridge for couple of minutes until they harden. Gently peel off the wax paper and set each snowflake on a flat surface or directly onto a frosted cupcake.
- When ready to decorate cupcakes, simply place snowflakes on top of your frosted cupcakes. Snowflakes handle best when slightly chilled so if necessary put them into the fridge for 5 minutes before decorating cupcakes.
Now add glitter to your snowflakes an put them on the top of your cupcake!