Have you ever happened to have those moments where you long for a taste of homemade comfort? If yes, then this yummy recipe is just for you. This cake is super easy to make and does not require much time. So if you are planning on inviting some family or friends over then you may want to make this great Apple and Cinnamon Bundt Cake. To do so you will need the following:
- 65g x (5 tablespoons) softened butter and 2 x teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 x egg, and 1/2 x cup sugar
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 and 1/2 x teaspoon baking powder and a pinch of salt (They should be sifted together)
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon sugar extra and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 1 x apple, cored and cut into very thin slices
- 1 x Bundt pan well-greased with butter.
- For topping you will need: 1 x tablespoon melted butter, 1 x tablespoon sugar and 1 x teaspoon ground cinnamon
Now how to make an apple and cinnamon Bundt cake:
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree Celsius fan-forced or 180 degree oven.
- In a bowl whisk butter, sugar, egg and vanilla and beat until the mixture is thick then add the yogurt and flour until everything is combined.
- Arrange you sliced apples along the ribs of the dish and sprinkle them with the sugar and cinnamon
- Turn the batter into the Bundt pan and smooth the top of the batter with the rubber spatula
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a think knife inserted deep into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Take your cake out of the oven, invert it onto a serving plate and let it cool completely.
- For topping: Melt butter and brush over the warm cake. After that sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon and your yummy cake is ready to be served! Enjoy :D
Seen on cauldronsandcupcakes.com