Father’s day is in no time and we all know that most fathers out there love taking control of the remote control . Hence , Here’s a cute tutorial that shows how to prepare a remote control cookie in case you still have no clue how to surprise the father of the family .Trust me it is not hard to prepare
*First for the Cookie dough you will need : 225g (8oz) soft butter or margarine ,140g (5oz) caster sugar ,280g (10oz) plain flour,1 egg yolk , pinch of salt ,2tsp vanilla extract, or the juice and rind of 1 lemon ( you can add about 50g of extra ingredients)
- Cream the butter and sugar together until they’re light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolk and mix well. Then add the flour and salt, and vanilla extract or lemon.
- Add about 50g of whatever other ingredients you like! Example : white chocolate and lemon.
- Mix the flour and your added extras until it all comes together to form a sticky cookie dough.
- Put the dough onto a floured work surface, and roll into a thick sausage shape. The size of the sausage depends how big you want your cookies: make it long and thin to be able to cut it on a remote control’s shape
- Wrap the sausage of cookie dough in clingfilm and leave in the freezer for at least 1 hour. While it’s in there, preheat the oven to 190C (375F/Gas mark 6).
- Take the sausage of cookie dough out of the freezer: it should be firmer and easier to cut. Use a sharp knife to slice it, as thick as you like, and put the cookie slices onto a baking sheet, spaced quite far apart. If you need to bake them in more than one batch, wrap the excess dough and put it back into the freezer so it doesn’t go soft.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, then leave to cool.
*For the Icing : 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
tubes gel food coloring (depending on the colors you want to use on the buttons of the remote)
1 can Betty Crocker Frosting (flavor or your choice, chocolate works best)
Scoop the frosting out into a bowl with enough room for mixing.
Start with 1 tsp. of black food coloring gel. You can also add 1/2 cup of cocoa powder if using vanilla (and you do the same for the buttons)
Stir the frosting and assess if you want it darker. If using vanilla frosting you will probably have to add more unless you are happy with dark gray.
You can start by putting the remote in your copier / printer , then cuti t out , put it on your cookie dough and cuti t out with a small knife
1. Outline 2. Fill 3. Let dry 4. Make your buttons by looking over at your remote.
To decorate the buttons, use edible markers.
Happy Fathers day!
Source : somewhatsimple & tablespoon