Here is a great way to make heart shaped pie pops. With this amazing DIY project, you and your family can enjoy your favourite pie on a stick. They are super easy to make and come out fantastic, so don’t hesitate to share them with your friends and family. What you will need to bake some yummy Heart Shaped Sweet Pie Pops is the following:
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cold (or frozen) and cut into 48 small pieces
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 6 – 7 tablespoons ice water
- Cherry jam (or other filling of your choice – think jam, peanut butter or Nutella)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees before starting.
- You need to combine flour, salt and sugar in a bowl the add butter and shortening and beat until your mixture is thick.
- Start sprinkling the ice water by about a tablespoon at a time over the flour/shortening mixture
- Flour your work surface and lightly start kneading your dough into flat disks using a rolling pin
- Once the dough reaches 1/4 inch in thickness, use a 2 or 3 inch heart shaped cookie cutter to cut shapes out of the pie dough.
- After you have your dough cut into heart shaped pieces, you can start the filling part. Spoon a bit of cherry jam or your filling of choice in the centre of half of the hearts.
- Now that you are almost done, place a lollipop stick on each crust, pushing down with a bit of pressure so it kind of sticks into the dough but make sure you don’t push too hard.
Source : ourbestbites.com