Are you looking for a delicious, gluten-free, cold and refreshing cake to make during summer? Well, here is it my friends; an amazing and yummy watermelon cake. Yes, an actual watermelon cake. This fab cake is made with sweet and refreshing watermelon, frosted with coconut cream and for topping we used some seasonal fresh fruits. What you will need to make this refreshing cake is:
- 1 large seedless watermelon
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk (left in fridge for 6 hours or more)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1 cup sliced raw almonds or shredded coconut
- Seasonal fresh fruit (for topping)
- In a food processor, blend the coconut, raw honey, and vanilla extract until very smooth and creamy. It is preferable that you whip the cream with a hand mixer about five minutes until the cream is fluffy. Then put in the fridge to chill for at least 15 minutes.
- Slice the top and bottom of the watermelon then remove the rind from the middle section. After you have the inner part of the watermelon cut out place it on a cake plate.
- Now get your cream and start covering gently the entire cake with the creamy white frosting. After you are done with this, you want to start decorating.
- Press very gently the raw almonds onto the sides and the top of the watermelon. Then decorate with your favourite seasonal fruit (My favourite are strawberries, Kiwi and raspberries)
- Place the cake in the fridge until right before serving. Slice and serve!
Seen on isavea2z.com