DIY : Lace Crowns
My daughter celebrated her birthday last week , adn she wanted to have a « Princess » themed party.
By coincindence I came across this DIY tutorial on how to make Laces crown on pagingfunmums and I tried it , it was so easy to make and beautiful that my daughter still wears it !
You will need :
- Lace (‘Cluny’ or ‘Guipure’ Lace )
- Fabric stiffner
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brush and/or paint sponge
- ‘Bling’..you can use pearls, beads, diamantes etc. I found everything at my local craft store
- Glue gun or very strong craft glue
- Spray paint (optional)
Start by drenching your lace in the favric stiffener. Lay all the lace pieces onto a large piece of baking paper, then paint the fabric stiffener onto each piece ensuring all parts were completely covered. Let it dry for one hour or over night.
Now , the decoration of the crown can have many ways :
- You can paint/sponge the lace with acrylic paint, then cover it with matching glitter
- You can also spray paint the lace and cover it with matching glitter whilst, then add perals or diamantes using glue gun.
Once the crowns are completely dry , measure on the sizing by placing it on the head of your duaghter , then trim any excess lace and glue together.
You can be creative in decorating your crowns depending on what you or your daughter might like .