DIY: Make Mittens from Sweaters in Minutes!
What better remedy for this cold weather than a hot pair of mittens ?
Here is a quick DIY project that will help you make your very own mittens… out of an unused old sweater! Yes! You heard me right! :)
You’ll need :
- A wool sweater
- A pair of scissors
- Straight pins
- Sewing needle & thread. Make sure to choose the matching color of the sweater
- In order to start, make sure you sweater is turned inside-out & outline your hand using a marker, leaving 1cm between the outline and your hand.
- Now with the use of a pair of scissors, cut out 1 inch above the shape. Put some straight pins along the outline to make the two parts of the sweater stuck together.
- Then sew a simple stitch along the trace and make sure the button is still open & enough large for your hand to fit in.
- You can now remove the pins & go on with cutting the wool’s excess.
- To finish, turn the mitten inside-out and add some fancy decorations! You can choose buttons or embroidery floss!
- Repeat the same steps from the beginning for the other mitten.
- Ta-dah! Your pair of mittens is ready & set to!
- For more details, you can watch the video below. Enjoy! :)