Source : The Bakers Corner
I’m currently craving for inspirations to make my Christmas desserts, and was looking over some DIYs and recipes pages and found this great and easy recipe to make my own Rudolph Red Nose Reindeer cake! My nieces would be more than happy as they LOVE the movie!
Raspberry & White Chocolate cake
- 175g butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 75g self raising flour
- 125g plain flour
- 225g raspberries
- 225g white chocolate, cut into chunks
- 175g seedless raisins
- 50g mixed peel
- 50g red glace cherries
- 25g dates
- 180g sultanas
- 20g currants
- 40ml dark rum (Jamaican spiced rum)
- 115g plain flour
- 15g self raising flour
- pinch nutmeg and cinnamon
- 100g butter, room temp
- 35g caster sugar
- 65g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (or 80ml) cream
- 180g PLAISTOWE Premium White Choc
- 600g chocolate fondant
- 200g white fondant
- red, green and blue food colouring
- red sprinkles
Step 1 : The Raspberry and White chocolate cake :
– Start by greasing a non stick 25 cm round cake tin and preheat your oven to 180 °C.
– Put the cream butter in a bowl, then add in sugar and vanilla. Beat with hand mixer until you obtain a smooth cream.
– Now add eggs and flour, blend them together until the mixture become creamy.
– Then, stir in raspberries and white chocolate. Pour everything into the prepared cake tin and level the surface.
– Now bale for for 60 min, until the cake becomes golden and firm when touched.
– Allow it to cool in the tin for 15 min, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Step 2 : Fruit cake :
– Now chop raisins, dates & cherries into pieces. Place all the dried fruits into a bowl, add the rum and stir to combine.
– Then cover with a plastic wrap and set aside, stirring from time to time, within 2 hours or for a whole night.
– Preheat the oven to 150 °C. Grease a 12,5 cm round cake tin and line with a baking paper.
– Prepare your flours, nutmeg & cinnamon together and put them aside.
– Now use an electric mixer andc ream the butter, add sugar and go on with beating until you get a pale and creamy mixture. Add an egg at a time, keep beating well and scraping down sides of the bowl everytime you add an egg.
– Use a large metal spoon to fold the flour mixture into the butter mixture in two batches. Add the soaked fruit and use a wooden spoon to mix until well combined.
– Spoon the cake mixture into the cake pan, making sure the mixture is even. Smooth the surface with a silicone spoon/spatula. You will likely have extra mixture, which can be put into silicone muffin cups and baked.
– Bake in preheated oven for 30min, reduce temperature to 140C and bake for a further 2 hrs or until skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
– Remove cake from oven and wrap in a clean towel or several layers of newspaper and leave overnight to cool.
– Place 180g PLAISTOWE Premium White Choc in a small bowl.
– Boil 1/3 cup (or 80ml) cream, remove from heat and pour over chocolate. Using a spatula stir until smooth. Place in fridge until firm.
– Cut a straight line off one side of the large cake and a matching cut on the fruit cake. Join the two cakes together to create Rudolph’s head. Using the offcuts of cake fashion his nose.
– Using the white chocolate ganache cover the cakes with a layer to create a smooth surface.
– Roll out chocolate fondant and cover cakes.
– Using excess chocolate fondant fashion a pair of ears, antlers and mouth.
– Mix some choc and white fondant together, roll out and add to the center of ears.
– Roll out white fondant and cut out eyes. Color a small amount of white with blue coloring and add small blue circles for eyes. add a little brown for the center of his eyes.
– Roll out red fondant and cut for his nose. Brush with water and cover with red sprinkles. Add to his nose.
– Color white fondant with green coloring, roll out and cut out holly leaves, add to his smile. Roll excess red fondant for holly berries.
– Brush his mouth, eyebrows and antlers with a little water to make choc fondant shiny.