How to make a marble chocolate cake
So I came across this great tutorial on how to make marble effect chocolate cake on Iced Jems blog and wanted to share it with you. By the way, they are doing a great job and I recommend that check out their creative recipes.
What makes this recipe so unique is the fact that the marble effect is on the outside of the cake, not inside.
If you like and wanna make the same, get the tutorial here!
What you’ll need:
- Frosted Cake – Iced Jems used a 2 layer Vanilla Sponge Cake covered with Chocolate Buttercream
- 400g White Chocolate
- 400g Dark Chocolate
- Greaseproof Paper
Here is how to make your cake
- Cover your workspace with greaseproof paper.
- Start melting the white and dark chocolate separately and make sure to get a good liquid consistency before taking off the heat
- Use the dark chocolate to Create medium size circles on the greaseproof paper, then spoon a little white chocolate around the edges of the circles and cut through them with a knife to create the marble effect .
- Let the chocolate set an back away from it.
- Once they’re set, dip a knife in hot water then cut through the shapes to create one flat edge.
- Add some melted chocolate on the back, this will act as a glue to stick it to the cake
- Stick your chocolate shapes to your cake
Et voilà!!! :)