Pink Zebra Cake Recipe
To make this beautiful pink zebra cake, you’ll need:
- 300g all purpose flour
- 400g cups sugar
- 180ml vegetable oil
- 5ml of vanilla
- 11ml of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 4 eggs
- 240ml of milk
- White, pink and black gel paste
- vanilla buttercream
- black fondant
- pink buttercrea,
- Wilton tip 1A
- Preheat oven to 170 C
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, vegetable oil and vanilla in a stand mixer
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the milk while the mixer is on and continue mixing until all ingredients are combined.
- Divide batter into three different bowls with one bowl having half of the batter and the other two have a quarter each.
- Colour the large bowl with white colouring, and the smaller two with black and pink .
- Mix colouring until no light streaks remain. Spray two 8” pans with non-stick spray and line bottom with parchment/baking/wax paper. Place 4 tablespoons of white batter into the center of each pan.
- Place two tablespoons of black batter in the middle of the white batter.
- Directly into the centre of the black batter, place two tablespoons of pink batter.
- Repeat white/black/pink batter additions until all the batter is used up or pans are ⅔ full.
- Place pans into oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire wrack.
- Once cake is cooled, level, stack and cover in white buttercream.
- To cut the fondant pieces, roll fondant out very thinly and using a rolling cutter (pizza or pastry) slice long, narrow stripes and arrange on white cake as desired.
- To finish the cake off, using the pink buttercream with Wilton 1A tip, pipe a small beaded border along the bottom of the cake.
Credit : CookiesCupcakesandCardio.c