Recipe : Beautiful Rose Rolls
If you are looking for a way to impress people around you , this beautifully presented recipe from Fauziaskitchen will help you make it happen!
For the Filling : Heat 2 tbsp. butter fry onion till soft then add 2 tbsp. flour with 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. black pepper, 1 tsp. garam masala powder , then add the milk, cook till thick, mix in the shredded chicken add chopped green chillies and coriander leaves, remove and cool completely.
For the dough ,You will need:
- 4 cups all purpose/plain flour
- 1 tbsp. instant yeast
- 2 tbsp. powdered milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. oil
- 1 egg (plus 1 for glazing)
- 1 tsp. castor/grinded sugar
In a bowl mix together the following ingredients: 4 cups flour, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. castor sugar, 2 tbsp. milk powder, 1 tbsp. yeast, 4 tbsp. oil and 1 egg, knead to a medium soft dough with slightly warm water, leave to rise for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 15-16 sections and shape them into neat balls.
- Now you can start shaping the Roses. Roll out each ball to about 4″ diameter.
- Brush a bit of butter on the circle of dough. Make 4 diagonal slits, leaving the center intact.
- Add your filling in the center.
- Take one of the sections and cover the side of the filling with it.
- Take the opposite side’s section and cover the other side of the filling with it.
- Repeat with the two last sections.
- Pinch the dough on the side to seal it.
Repeat until all rose-rolls are ready , then Place the prepared rolls on a greased tray.
Pre-heat your oven to 180 C. Brush each rose gently with egg yolk mixed with a tsp. of milk. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Bake for 20 minutes or until tops are golden and rolls are ready.
Remove and brush them with melted butter. Keep them covered until time of serving so they stay soft.